[OS X TeX] Changing size of tikzfigure figures

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Mon Feb 26 15:18:58 EST 2018

I am putting together a beamer presentation which incorporates pictures of braids using the braid package.  In this package, the figures are created  using the tikzpicture environment.  These can quickly get too tall for beamer;  when I am simply generating them in a paper, latex seems to take care of the size, but beamer does not—it simply falls off the bottom of the slide.  Is there a way (similar to for example setting units in pstricks) that I can control the height of a tikzpicture so that it fits inside a single beamer slide?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155