[OS X TeX] Changing size of tikzfigure figures

"M. Tamer Özsu" ozsut at mac.com
Mon Feb 26 19:31:37 EST 2018

I normally use \resizebox for this to make sure that the text as well as the figure is scaled:

\resizebox{<horizontal size>}{<vertical size>}{
	\begin{tikzpicture}
	…
	\end{tikzpicture}
}

If you want to resize proportionately, you set either the vertical or horizontal and then use {!} for the other. E.g.:

\resizebox{!}{0.8\textheight}{
	\begin{tikzpicture}
	…
	\end{tikzpicture}
}

I usually keep each tikzpicture in a separate file to include in various documents and beamer presentations. Then I do the following:

\resizebox{!}{0.8\textheight}{<filename>}

==Tamer
--
M. Tamer Özsu
Professor, Cheriton School of Computer Science