[OS X TeX] biber as backend & biblatex with defernumbers=true giving no numbers in bibliographies (TeXShop)

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:12:37 EDT 2018

I have a very complicated, book-length project with many files, using memoir documentclass, including two bibliographies, and using a custom biblatex style, that uses:

   \RequirePackage[backend=biber,%
     bibstyle=mybooknumeric,
     citestyle=numeric,
     dashed=true,
     defernumbers=true,
     urldate=iso,date=iso,seconds=true]%
  {biblatex}

Since I switched from backend=bibtex to backend=biber, all the numbers in the bibliographies themselves are printed as 0, as are all citations of those entries. (This still does not happen with backend=bibtex.)

I’ve tried, without success, to reproduce this for something simple — a main .tex file and the two .bib files — that still uses the entirety of my preamble and the same biblatex style files and biblatex.cfg, but I don’t get the all-0’s with that!

The issue has been discussed on tex.stackexchange (https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/299336/reference-0-with-defernumbers-true), but the alleged remedy given there of adding opetion sorting=non for biblatex makes no difference for me.

Could there be some adjustment needed in config files for TeXShop itself, to ensure correct runs of biber?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334