[OS X TeX] Placing macro files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 8 09:01:39 EDT 2018

> On Jun 7, 2018, at 5:06 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
> Herb:
> Even if they don’t change often, I don’t want to have to remember to register every change in other places.  This was the reason I put them on Dropbox in the first place;
> this way I have one file which I know is up to date, which is accessible from both (or all) of my machines.  So if you can tell me how to put a symbolic link in the ~/Library/… file,
> I’d be grateful.
>
> Zbigniew Nitecki
> Department of Mathematics
> Tufts University
> Medford, MA 02155
>
> telephones:
> Office    (617)627-3843
> Dept.    (617)627-3234
> Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
> http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/
>

>> On Jun 7, 2018, at 8:47, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>> Howdy

Howdy,

OK.

Assuming the folder is ~/Dropbox/Macros and ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex already exist and there is no Macros folder there already the command

ln -s ~/Dropbox/Macros ~/Library/tex/latex/Macros

in Terminal will create the link the the correct location. Note: the ~ means your HOME folder so ~/Library is the Library folder in your HOME folder NOT the main Library folder at the root of your Hard Drive which is called /Library. The ~/Library folder is normally hidden from view in Finder.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)