[OS X TeX] context

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 17 07:14:17 EDT 2018

> On Jun 17, 2018, at 2:08 AM, Doris Behrendt <doris.behrendt at me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Herb,
>> Have you updated the TeX Live 2018 using TeX Live Utility?
>
> i downloaded from the mactex-website yesterday;
>
> by the way, there are also some posts related to my error in different places on the internet, but they are all quite old, so I asked here ...

I assume you downloaded and installed the MacTeX.pkg. That package installs a full TeX Live 2018 distribution which was released in May, 2018. Since then there have been updates to many files, including context. Please run TeX Live Utility, which can be found in /Applications/TeX (the TeX folder in the Applications folder at the root of your Hard Drive, and follow the instructions.

As I said I don't use context very much but I do have some test files and they execute fine.

PS: Make sure you are using the latest version of TeXShop, 4.01. Check if there is an update by clicking on TeXShop->Check for Updates… and update if necessary.

PPS: you should place the lines

% !TEX TS-program = ConTeXt (LuaTeX)
% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
% !TEX useOldSyncParser

at the top of your file and typeset using TeXShop's Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) menu item.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)