[OS X TeX] TeXShop in MacTeX 2018 pretest

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Fri Mar 16 16:06:28 EDT 2018

I've newly installed MacTeX 2018 pretest.  That went extremely smoothly,
and the TeXLive 2018 pretest part of it seems to be working correctly.

However TeXShop.app as installed from the 2018 pretest crashes
immediately on startup, with the message "TeXShop quit unexpectedly".
If I start the executable (in Contents/MacOS) from the command line, it
simply gives a message "Killed" and then stops. Info.plist reports the
TeXShop version as 3.98

I restored an older version of TeXShop (3.77) from backup; that still
worked.  Then I installed the newest version (3.99) from the Check for
Updates menu item.  The new version works.

So there appears to be a problem specifically with the version of
TeXShop that is is installed by the current MacTeX 2018 pretest
(mactex-20180304.pkg).  I can provide the crash report if needed.

I am running El Capitan (10.11.6) on an iMac from mid 2010.

John Collins