[OS X TeX] TeXShop in MacTeX 2018 pretest

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Fri Mar 16 17:19:03 EDT 2018

One more data point.

I installed mactex-20180304 on an old laptop (early 2008) running El Capitan. It seemed to install without issues. When I tried to start TeXShop (3.98), the program failed almost immediately and put up a Problem Report for TeXShop in which the most important line seemed to be

EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)

I did not try disabling SIP to check if that affected anything.

Replacing TeXShop 3.98 with 3.99 resolved the issue.

Michael