[OS X TeX] New distribution

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 10 15:56:48 EDT 2018

> On May 10, 2018, at 1:30 PM, gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>
> My new distribution works fine (thanks to all), but the TeX icons became generic.
>
> ??
>
> My fault?
>
> GG

Howdy,

Sigh... here we go again.

I assume you mean that what used to be a TeXShop document icon is now a generic icon.

First, please open the Terminal application and type

mdls

with a space after the `s'. Then drag and drop one of the files with a generic icon onto the Terminal window and press Return. Look for an item called kMDItemContentType and let me know what it is set to. For normal icons I get

kMDItemContentType                     = "edu.uo.texshop.tex"

(there's lots of other output).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)