[OS X TeX] Problem with Find All (TS Version 4.16)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 20 10:07:14 EST 2018

> On Nov 20, 2018, at 8:45 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 20, 2018, at 7:33 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am experiencing a problem with Find All (OgreKit):
>>
>> 1. I searched a document for all occurrences of a string
>> 2. Used cmd+G to go to the next spot on the source file
>>
>> At this point if I start editing, the edits don't show in the source. The cursor doesn't respond to typing, some syntax coloring changes as I type, but the edits are not visible. The edits are there the next time you open the file, but this blind typing tends to produce nonsensical input. The problem persists after relaunching TS and after restarting the computer.
>>
>> Themis
>
> Howdy,
>
> Actually, I'm not sure about what you did that precipitated the problem?
>
> Did you use Find All in the Ogrekit panel? If so did a window show up with all the matches? To select the match you wish click on the one you want in that window and it will get selected in the Source window.
>
> If you just did a Find and then used Cmd-G to jump to the next match (without having the Find All window open) I don't confirm the problem.
>
> I confirm the problem if I do a Find All then select the Source Window and do a Cmd-G.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Sigh... I was wrong... more details...

I open a Source file. I open the Ogrekit Find Panel and look for a common word, in my case "and", and press Find All. A new window opens with all the found items in a bit of context. I click on any of the items and the corresponding item is selected in the Source window (it's dimmed out since the Source window isn't active). I switch to the Source window (i.e., click in it) and try to type and it acts as though I typed; i.e., the cursor is stationary but highlights move ahead as though text is being entered in the Source window.

For now don't use Find All! You can just do a Find and go to the next item using Cmd-G and that seems to work fine.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)