[OS X TeX] TexShop macro problems on Mojave

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 20 11:02:42 EST 2018

> On Nov 20, 2018, at 9:45 AM, M. Tamer Özsu <ozsut at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I have done a clean install of MacTeX and TeXShop on a new machine running Mojave. Everything is updated to its latest version (TeXShop 4.16). I am having problems with the macros:
>
> - I tried OpenSelection (Cmd-opt-o) and nothing happens — The Macros menu title flashes, but that is it.
> - I tried the Insert Reference (Shift-cmd-R) and I get the message "TexShop Applescript error Not authorized to send Apple events to Finder” — for this I went to the Privacy tab on System Preferences and added TeXShop for full disk access as was suggested on some web site, but that did not do the trick.
> - I tried Insert Index and that worked.
>
> Any reason why some are not working? I appreciate any advice.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ==Tamer

Howdy,

Mojave introduced extra security for executing AppleScript, etc. Were you asked for permission to use Finder and/or System Events.app when you first ran the macros? If so, what did you respond?

Take a look at the Automation item under the Privacy Tab of System Preferences->Security & Privacy. TeXShop.app should appear there with one or more checked items  under it (e.g., System Events.app and/or Finder). Does TeXShop.app appear there? If so, are there items under it that have check boxes? If so, are they checked?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)