[OS X TeX] Mojave and Applescript

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 11 14:41:18 EDT 2018

As Dick recently mentioned Mojave places some restrictions on the actions ASs are allowed to perform. Today I found out that normal applications aren't allowed to send keystroke via AS, only System Events is allowed to do this. Below is an example.

By the way, I had to replace the graphics card of my old Mac Pro 5.1 by a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 in order to install Mojave. This has the additional benefit that I can then also use the 5K display by LG the 3WK95U which has a Thunderbolt as well as a DP1.4 port. The Sapphire card also has a DP1.4 port which offers the necessary band width.

Claus

--AppleScript direct
-- Apply only to an already saved file
-- Claus Gerhardt, September 2006

--set insertText to "pdflatex"

--%&pdflatex %&pdflatex set pasteText to "%&" & insertText & " "

tell application "TeXShop"
	activate
	tell application "System Events"
		--tell process "TeXShop"