[OS X TeX] How to make a original latexmk.engine for TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 19 15:21:30 EDT 2018

> On Oct 19, 2018, at 2:11 PM, 军其 胡 <junqihu at me.com> wrote:
>
> Probably, I understand what you explained.
> I insist that the TeX engine for latexmk should specified in latexmkrc even for common users.
>
> Thank you for your patience.
>
>> Le 19 oct. 2018 à 20:51, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> a écrit :
>>
>> There are many extra dependencies that are already in the rc files associated with each of the TeXShop engines and they satisfy almost everyone's ordinary needs. If you have special needs for a given project you can always create a platexmkrc (the p is for project) in the same folder as the project. I use different engines for different documents and it's helpful for me to see that I'm using xelatex when I use the xelatexmk engine rather than a generic latexmk engine. The latexmk engine actually is set up to use latex->dvips->ps2pdf.

Howdy,

I keep most of my non-project oriented .tex files in a single folder. They use different engines depending upon what I'm trying to accomplish; I usually use pdflatex but, with some documents I use xelatex and even lualatex and, if I'm using many eps graphics I might even use latex->dvips->ps2pdf. Using your method I'd have to edit the latexmkrc file for each case. I can't agree with you.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)