[OS X TeX] How to make a original latexmk.engine for TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 20 07:12:34 EDT 2018

> On Oct 20, 2018, at 3:29 AM, 军其 胡 <junqihu at me.com> wrote:
>
> In your case, since there are so many dependencies (cross-references, etc.) between those files,
> I think, it's better to organize them as a TeX projects,
> or else it cause to fail in compiling them because of some single TeX-format file would be missed.
>
>> Le 19 oct. 2018 à 22:26, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> a écrit :
>>
>> There are many reasons to use latexmk based engines. I've got lots of documents that require multiple compiles because of cross-references, or special processing for glossaries, or bibliographies (latexmk will automatically use biber rather than bibtex when needed with the biblatex package) or … . The rc files that are read in create the necessary dependencies and rules for quite a few packages so the user doesn't have to it themselves.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

They are single files but they may have things in them that require multiple runs of pdflatex, e.g., table of contents, references to equations or tables or tikz-figures. If there is a need for multiple files (e.g., graphics inclusion) I do make a project folder to keep the files together.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)