[OS X TeX] cocoAspell

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sat Sep 15 10:51:00 EDT 2018

Gary,

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Gary L. Gray <euler at psu.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 15, 2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>>
>> The "Dictionary" Preference item is broken in most localizations of TeXShop, possibly even English.
>> This is fixed in version 4.08, which will be released when Mojave is released.
>
> All,
>
> I thought I had this set correctly, but I am running 4.08 and I cannot get that setting to stick in Preferences > Source. That is, when I choose "English (United States) [w_accents]", it reverts back to "Automatic Language" the next time I check.
>
> Gary
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/

I looked at the code. The Dictionary item in TeXShop Preferences is hooked to a piece of code named
"dictionaryPressed". The actual code for this procedure reads in 4.08

	(IBAction) dictionaryPressed: (id)sender
		{
			return;
		}

This is now fixed, and it will be fixed in the beta on the web in less than an hour. Every little bug report helps.

Dick Koch