[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.10 lost my editor color preferences

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 27 16:47:29 EDT 2018

> On Sep 27, 2018, at 3:33 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When I upgraded TeXShop to 4.10 (and maybe when I upgraded to 4.09), it trashed all my carefully chosen non-default syntax colors.
>
> How can I recover what I had (without going to the excruciating trouble of trying rbg combos until I hit what I had)?
>
> P.S. Contrary to what the docs say, searching for “syntax colors” in the TeXShop elp Panel turns up nothing there!  There is info on this if I drill down from the Help Panel to “How do I configure TeXShop?” and then to “Hidden Preference Items”.
> ---
> Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> 503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
> Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334

Howdy,

The colors are still saved in your preferences but 4.09 and later use a different (and I think better) method to store them. You can get them back!!!

Open TeXShop->Preferences and click on the new Themes tab. The bottom button says `New Theme from Prefs'. If you click it you'll be prompted for a name for the theme; type one and click OK. Click on `Save Edited Theme'. You can then choose that theme for you Lite and/or Dark Mode Theme from the popup menu near the top, left. Finally press OK and you'll have your syntax colors back.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)