[OS X TeX] TeXshop + OS X "open with"

William Slough wslough at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 13:08:11 EDT 2019

Yes, that's right: it's the popup on a right-click of a .tex file as you
stated. To my surprise, I did have an extra copies --- one, in Applications
and another in a very surprising place: in ~/Library/Application
Support/TeXShop/TeXShop 3.50. I deleted those, leaving the up-to-date
version in Applications/TeX.  The Open With menu gives me TeXShop (default)
(4.27), TeXShop (4.21), and TeXShop.  The default entry does in fact open
TeXShop 4.31, so in one sense I don't have a problem, other than one of
window dressing and housecleaning. Still, it would be nice to have a less
cluttered list of choices.

I had previously set .tex files to open with TeXShop and, as I say, that
does open the file with the latest TeXShop.

Thanks.

Bill