[OS X TeX] how imitate TeXShop's pdflatexmk from command line

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 17:03:12 EDT 2019

Yes, I have been using the "% !TEX parameter = -interaction=batchmode”, and so far no freezes when I’m using the pdflatexmk engine.
(I’ve been waiting to report back to make sure this was a — temporary, I hope — work-around to the freezing.)

However, with that directive in place, if I use the latex engine rather than pdflatemk, then all the usual output is written to the console, and at times I still get a freeze with that.

> On 25 Aug2019, at 1:35 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 22, 2019, at 2:28 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Aug 22, 2019, at 2:19 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> The details of this is why it’s SO much simpler to do it all within TeXShop — if only TeXShop didn’t just freeze in the middle of runs!
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> If you don't mind getting almost no Console output (the log file will be complete) try using the
>>
>> % !TEX parameter = -interaction=batchmode
>>
>> TeXShop directive just after the
>>
>> % !TEX program = pdflatexmk
>>
>> directive.
>>
>> Actually, I'd be very interested to know if this works since the hang happens rarely on my files.
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Did you ever try to compile using the TeXShop directive noted above?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334