[OS X TeX] LuaTeX/LuaLaTeX?
Gray, Gary L
euler at psu.edu
Mon Dec 23 18:30:36 EST 2019
I turned in final grades this afternoon, so I had a few minutes with less than a mountain of stuff to do. David Craig's message prompted me to spend that few minutes digging into LuaTeX. I now kind of understand what it brings to the table, but I am having trouble with a few of details that are important to me. I know the following.
(1) I should not load inputenc -- my source should just be UTF-8.
(2) I should not load fontenc or textcomp and I should load fontspec.
(3) I should not use any package that changes fonts and that I should use fontspec's commands to do so.
With this in mind, I have a few questions.
(1) I know squat about fontspec and the documentation is 70 pages, so what fontspec commands should I be aware of?
(2) I know I can use all my TrueType and OpenType fonts with LuaTeX, but almost all my documents have a lot of math, so how does it set the math if use, say Optima or Charter, as my main font?
(3) The most important question of all -- is there a up-to-date resource that I can go to that is something like "LuaTeX for LaTeX Users" or "Getting Started With LuaTeX"?
All the best and Happy Holidays!
More information about the MacOSX-TeX