[OS X TeX] Goto Error (TS 4.23)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 28 15:59:17 EST 2019

> On Jan 28, 2019, at 2:33 PM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 28, 2019, at 3:19 PM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Indeed, "Goto Error" in TeXShop is supposed to select a portion of source code and the end of this selection should be the exact spot where TeX reported an error. Obviously this will not work if there were several errors, and earlier errors were fixed, changing later error locations slightly.
>>
>> Dick Koch
>
> Understood.  In fact, it is amazing to me that Goto works at all! The problem is when Goto goes nowhere. In a project with many included files this makes it hard to debug.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Assuming the command you are using to typeset your document has the --file-line-error flag set the error information in the Console should start with the file name and line number in that file where the error was detected (of course that's not necessarily where the error really is). The default built-in and latexmk based engine commands all have that flag set. I can't say for other engines.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)