[OS X TeX] type regular double-quote in TeXShop?

koch at uoregon.edu koch at uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 18 09:46:23 EDT 2019

Folks,

The suggestions below will be useful to many. But there is a piece of confusion in the email which is the fault of the TeXShop team, and I need to clear it up.

"Auto completion" and "Key Bindings" are the same thing. The first is the original name, but that was easily confused with "command completion", so we changed to the more appropriate name "Key Bindings". Unfortunately, we only changed the interface elements visible to a user, but not the code and not the name of the autocompletion.plist file.

So editing the ~/Library/TeXShop/Keyboard/autocompletion.plist file directly is the same thing as using the interface "Source->Key Bindings->Edit Key Bindings File..." and editing that way.

> On Jul 18, 2019, at 1:42 AM, Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> What is happening when you press the double quote "
> is that TeXShop auto completion kicks in and types ``'' (around the selected text, if any).
>
> That is what you normally want to happen, and I would not want to turn this off (although it can be done by editing the ~/Library/TeXShop/Keyboard/autocompletion.plist file).

> There is another useful feature of TeXShop: Key Bindings.
> So I went into
>
>     Source->Key Bindings->Edit Key Bindings File...

Dick Koch