[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.31: confusion about Tags & Index menus

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 15:49:42 EDT 2019

The Changes.pdf document for TeXShop 4.31 has on its first page an item beginning “There is a minor change in updating the Tags and Index menus.” I’m confused about two aspects of this change:

(1) I have no Index item in either the main program menu bar or in the source editor toolbar (which is set in Icon Only mode).

	- If I use Customize Toolbar, I see no Index item to add to the toolbar. (I do already have the ColorIndex item in the toolbar.)

	- In TeXShop’s Preferences menu, I don’t find any any place on any of its panes to add an Index item to the program’s menu bar.

(2) I do have the Tags item in the program’s menu bar, and the Tags icon in the source window toolbar.

	The Changes document recommends _not_ having the Tag [sic] menu in the menu bar and the toolbar set in Icon Only mode (which I’m already using) or Icon and Text mode.

	- But how does one remove the Tags menu from the menu bar?  I tried removing the Tags icon from the source window toolbar and restarting TeXShop. But still there’s a Tags item in the main program menu bar, even though, of course, there’s now no Tags icon in a source window toolbar.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334