[OS X TeX] Issues with XeLaTeX and LuaLatex

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Sun Jun 16 16:38:18 EDT 2019

For the record, with the following MWE (I’m on TeXLive 2019)

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Optima}
\usepackage[protrusion=true]{microtype}
\begin{document}
\lipsum[1]
\end{document}

I get the warnings with both xelatex and lualatex. You may want to have a look at the following discussion:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/380812/microtype-warning-unknown-slot-number-of-character-with-lato-font/380897#380897 <https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/380812/microtype-warning-unknown-slot-number-of-character-with-lato-font/380897#380897>

pointing to the character inheritance. It’s Optima: changing Optima to, say, Baskerville makes the warnings go away.

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *   http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu