[OS X TeX] .sty files open with & have Aquamacs icon after upgrade to MacTeX 2019

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun May 5 10:36:54 EDT 2019

Since upgrading from MacTeX 2018 to 2019 under macOS Mojave (10.14.4), in Finder all .sty files have the Aquamacs icon and open with Aquamacs, not TeXShop (the latter being what I want to use).

I tried the simple supposed solution: select a .sty file in Finder, use Cmd-I, change the "Open with” choice to TeXShop.app (4.27) , click the "Change All” button, and confirm my choice with the Continue button.

However, two peculiar things happen now:

	- the “Open with” automatically changes to TeX.mdimporter (1.3); and
	- the Preview still shows the Aquamacs icon.

That .sty file, and others, _will_ now open with TeXShop when double-clicked in Finder, but the Aquamacs icon persists in Finder.

Note that the icon for .tex files is the usual, expected one.

Of course I’ve looked at Alan Munn’s answer at https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/210948/macos-texshop-3-45-icon-issue. However, the file he references there ...

	~/Library/Prefences/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist

… does not exist on my system.

Suggestions?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334