[OS X TeX] TexShop hanging

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 16 20:05:43 EDT 2019

> On May 16, 2019, at 6:26 PM, M. Tamer Özsu <ozsut at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I have had this problem off and on, but now it is really bad — almost every other run hangs in the middle of compiling. I am in 10.14.4 with TeXShop
> 4.27 and I am compiling using pdflatex. I have %% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk at the top of my file. I tried the same file using texstudio and it compiles without problems, so there is something in my TexShop setup probably. Any suggestions of what I can try?
>
> Many thanks.
>

> ==Tamer

Howdy,

Sigh... This problem has been around for a while. Unfortunately there has never been a case that has been consistent enough to try to figure out what is going on. I've had it happen oncec or twice a month.

First try to Restart TeXshop. If that doesn't work try to log out and back in. Finally try to reboot. Oh, macOS is up to 10.14.5 so you might try that. If that doesn't make things better maybe you can send the document file(s) to Dick Koch or Me and we can see if it happens (with any consistency) on our systems.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)