[OS X TeX] PDF rendering bug in macOS 10.14.5

Alun Carr alun.j.carr at ucd.ie
Sun May 19 14:51:04 EDT 2019

This doesn't relate to using TeX to produce PDFs, but it relates to an
Apple PDF display bug, which might impact on TeX use.

I downloaded a PDF, "The History of Worcestershire Sauce" (don't ask!):

http://www.soyinfocenter.com/pdf/152/Worc.pdf

and found that within Safari and Preview, the fi and fl ligatures are
rendered as blank spaces (see, e.g., page 5). In Adobe Reader, muPDF, and
xpdf, they display perfectly. The PDF claims that it was produced using
Acrobat Distiller.

Does anyone know I can report this to Apple? I apologise in advance if
anyone thinks that I'm wasting their time.

Best regards,

Alun
--
Dr Alun J. Carr
Senior Lecturer in Materials

Homepage: <http://goo.gl/mWxIn>
OpenPGP key: <http://bit.ly/1lBsM9n>
Fingerprint: D294 0DE3 BD75 3A41 D5DB  E796 C783 69F5 D60B 7C0F
My photos: <http://goo.gl/SDDCB>

Unless you need me to edit documents, please send me PDFs rather than MS
Office files: <http://goo.gl/tWI9>
Free software for creating PDFs in Windows: <http://goo.gl/YGaf>