[OS X TeX] Conflict with Little Snitch

AJG Baeumel ajgb at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk
Tue May 28 03:26:39 EDT 2019

I am getting the following feedback from the network filter regarding
TeX Live Utility and TeX Live Utility via perl5.18:
Suspicious process!
The code signature of the process has a formal error. This probably
indicates that somebody is trying to pretend a valid code signature, or
that the developer used inappropriate, non-standard tools to create the
signature.

I did not encounter this issue before with MacTeX 2018, 2017 etc.?

AJG Baeumel   mailto:ajgB at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk

>> On May 27, 2019, at 10:27 AM, AJG Baeumel
><ajgb at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk> wrote:
>>
>> After having installed the MacTeX 2019, I am receiving a message from
>Little Snitch:
>> "The identity check detected a modification of the program. Therefore
>all of its connections were denied as a precaution."
>> What is happening here and why?
>> How can I rectify the block without disabling Little Snitch?
>>

>> AJG Baeumel   mailto:ajgB at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk
>
>Howdy,
>
>What program is it referring to? You can go into the Little Snitch
>Configuration program and allow that program any connection. I'd guess
>it's one of the GUI applications that's trying to see if there is an
>update.
>
>Good Luck,
>
>Herb Schulz
>(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>
>----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
>TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
>List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/
>TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/

addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please  notify the
System Manager and thereafter delete the e-mail from our system.  The
System Manager may be contacted at postmaster at nleducation.org.uk

E-mail transmission is not secure and information can be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed or incomplete.  The sender does not
accept any liability for errors or omissions arising as a result of e-mail
transmission or interception.  Please note that incoming e-mails are
routinely scanned for the purpose of detecting offensive or inappropriate
materials.i