[OS X TeX] separators in label names

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 7 15:34:18 EDT 2019

> On Oct 7, 2019, at 10:01 AM, Piet van Oostrum <piet-l at vanoostrum.org> wrote:
>
> Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> That redefinition of \label seems not to be robust — see my comment to
>> https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/511212/13492 .
>
> Yes, the real solution should be in crossreftools. The normal LaTeX \label command is redefined by Babel such that it works around this problem. The way that works is that in the french style colon is defined as:
>
> \active at prefix :\normal at char:
>
> \active at prefix chooses either the active definition of : or the character : depending on the value of \protect. So in some protected environments (which includes \label and \ref) : will be interpreted as just the character :.
> However crossreftools redefines the \label command and it seems it doesn't take these kind of precautions. So it should be amended to be compatible with Babel.
> --
> Piet van Oostrum <piet-l at vanoostrum.org>
> WWW: http://piet.vanoostrum.org/
> PGP key: [8DAE142BE17999C4]

Howdy,

How about > instead of : (at least until it gets fixed in crossreftools). Not quite as neat but it gets the meaning across.

PS: sorry about this late post. I had to reset a preference on Mail to default to the account registered to the list. It appears that things I've written to the list since September 19th have been lost. Sigh...

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)