[OS X TeX] Hyperref in 2018 and 2019 TeXLive

Nestor Aguilera nestoreaguilera at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:02:24 EDT 2020

I want to reference external documents using hyperref on the files test1 and test2 below.

I have no problems using the 2018 TeXLive distribution. With the 2019 distribution the numbers are correct but the links are dead.

Everything works with either distribution if I replace "\hyperref" (two arguments) by a simple "\ref" (one argument).

Any clues?

Thanks!

Nestor

%----------------------------------------------
% file test1.tex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\externaldocument{test2}
\begin{document}
\section{Section in I}\label{sec1}
All the leaves continued in \hyperref[sec2]{section~\ref*{sec2}}.
\end{document}
%----------------------------------------------
% file test2.tex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\externaldocument{test1}
\begin{document}
\setcounter{section}{1}
\section{Section in II}\label{sec2}
Continuing from \hyperref[sec1]{Section~\ref*{sec1}} are brown.
\end{document}