[OS X TeX] iPad?

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Thu Apr 23 07:28:46 EDT 2020

Hi David,

I have been use my iPad for delivering lectures even before the transition to remote teaching. However, I prepare hand written slides (I use GoodNotes) which allows me to write math content of any complexity without pain. An added advantage is that the material can be exported as PDF and distributed to the students.  Alternatively, I prepare beamer slides on my laptop and transfer them to the iPad. If I could do latex and Mathematica on the iPad I would ditch the laptop. But we are not there yet. My experience is that the iPad is great for reading/reviewing/annotating PDF, making presentations, and for writing by hand (a forgotten pleasure rediscovered). For most other things it feels as if my hands are tied behind my back.

What the iPad does well, it does incredibly well. If you try to use it for things it's not good at, it will be frustrating.

Themis