[OS X TeX] Book in LaTex

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Jan 18 16:50:32 EST 2020

I wrote two books, one with TeX, but I decided then to use the ConTeXt, not the LATeX environment. First chapter is a free download to be found here: download for free <https://rna.dpdcart.com/cart/add?product_id=101752&method_id=107106>

I liked ConTeXt more than LATeX for its power in how I can make things look. There is also an active community. The disadvantage is that it is more akin to a (TeX-based) research project than a production environment. Another advantage is that you can do things like have a single code base for PDF and ePUB, for instance. I create ePUB from my ConTeXt sources, then changed that into a book for the Apple iBook Store (which use an ePUB derivative format). We are now 5 years on and ConTeXt has developed/changed massively, so for me it would largely be starting anew.