[OS X TeX] Problem after TeXLive-2020 upgrade

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 9 10:50:33 EDT 2020

Vinay,

You say that you installed MacTeX-2020 just recently, and then you say that TeX Live Utility reported "no updates available". Actually, there would be LOTS AND LOTS of updates of a recent MacTeX-2020, namely all released between last April and today. In fact, just this morning there were many new updates.

I suspect you did "check for updates" in TeX Live Utility, which is only a check if there is a new version of TeX Live Utility. Please read the instructions in the TeX Live Utility Help menu and do a real update of your TeX system.

Richard Koch

Hi Richard,

Thanks for a quick reply. When I started TeX Live utility (version 1.36), it reported "No Updates Available". Also,
kpsewhich pdftexcmds.sty
returned nothing. However, when I looked into the
/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pdftexcmds/
directory, I noted two files: pdftexcmds.lua and pdftexcmds.sty. So the necessary file is in the distribution.

Is there a problem with proper alias?

Thanks again.