[OS X TeX] key bindings in texshop: what was that key combination?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 5 15:47:28 EDT 2020

> On Jun 5, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Nicolae Garleanu <garleanu at berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
> Thank you very much, Herb. I was able to identify my forgotten bindings via this reverse-search method.
>
> Concerning pour point about \, I tried to type \ followed immediately by a key binding, and got \ followed by the symbol the binding is associated with (not the original character, shown in the KB editor or seen in the Keyboard Viewer). It subsequently turned out that for some bindings I do get the original character. E.g., \ + Alt-t prints \\tau, while \ + _ prints \_ (rather than \_{}). Does this perhaps only work for (original) characters that do not involve the Option (and maybe other) key?

Howdy,

I guess it does only work for the normal keyboard. e.g., if I type _ the Key Binding give _{|} (where | is the Selection + Insertion Point) but typing \ followed by _ correctly gives \_ .

> (And yes, I am aware of the acute accent, in particular — it prevents me from binding alt+e to \epsilon in the way that I get my other Greek letter.)
>
> Best,
> Nicolae

try using Command Completion. Type xe (with a leading white space or \xe) and Esc to get \epsilon. See Appendix A of the Help->TeXShop Tips and Tricks for a complete list of the completions.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)