[OS X TeX] What TeX-related information to include in colophon?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:45:13 EDT 2020

I have posted the following question to tex.stackexchange.com <http://tex.stackexchange.com/> but am also asking it here (in part because I fear the question may get marked as unsuitable there, since it asks, to some extent, for opinion). In any case, any additional responses are welcome here!

In the colophon a book, I want to include some information acknowledging the use of TeX and related software.

It tentatively includes the following:

    Composed by the author using the \LaTeX2e{} Document \\
    Preparation System originally developed by Leslie Lamport\\
    (based on the \TeX{} system created by Donald Knuth),\\
    the \textsf{memoir} \LaTeX document class (created by\\
    Peter Wilson and maintained by Lars Madsen),\\
    and the \textsf{amsmath} macros.\\
    Typeset in \textsf{newtxtext} text fonts (based upon \textsf{\TeX Gyre Termes} fonts)\\
    and MathTime\textregistered{} Professional II math fonts.\\
    MathTime is a trademark of Publish or Perish, Inc.

Which parts, if any, of this are:

 - totally unnecessary; or
 - *not* required (from a legal viewpoint regarding copyright or trademark) if related to something included in the colophon; or
 - required (from a legal viewpoint regarding copyright or trademark) but not already included; or
 - desirable but not already included; or
 - misstated?

I am ***not*** asking for legal advice! Just comments and suggestions based upon what you may know about this software.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334