[OS X TeX] multido(?) error

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri May 1 01:48:07 EDT 2020

Hi Zbigniew,

On 1 May 2020, at 1:57 pm, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu<mailto:Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu>> wrote:

I’m trying to draw some phase portraits of 2nd order systems of o.d.e. using the pst-ode package.  I modelled my code after a more elaborate example
on stack exchange.
In the attached code, I get a “forgotten end group” error at line 48 (which reads \end{pspicture}), and if I persist (using r on the console) it tells me the
\begin{pspicture} on line 38 is ended by \end{document} on line 49.  I know my use of ODEsolve is correct, since with parameters entered directly
it works.

Aren’t you just missing the  \endpsclip  command.

This works fine for me:

\begin{pspicture}(-5.5,-5.5)(5.5,5.5)

\psclip{\psframe(-5.0,-5.0)(5.0,5.0)}%
%
  %plot the lines previously computed
  \multido{\ii=0+1}{20}{%
    \multido{\ij=0+1}{20}{%
      \listplot{line_\ii_\ij}%
}%
}
\endpsclip
\end{pspicture}

But there is a lot of output into the Console window.
(Not really a typesetting issue, but rather distracting!)

Could this have to do with my putting the output of ODEsolve in the file line_ii_ij (inside the top multido)?  I didn’t fully understand the first two
arguments in ODEsolve: the first is the output and the second apparently sets the mode of output (in the documentation the examples just give a name
to the output and use (0 1) for the mode of output).

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155

telephones:
Office    (617)627-3843
Dept.    (617)627-3234
Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ptCkCP7L1Nf9LMO7SzLfM_?domain=tufts.edu/>

Hope this helps.
Stay safe.

Ross

Dr Ross Moore
12 Wally’s Walk, Level 7, Room 734
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
T: +61 2 9850 8955  |  F: +61 2 9850 8114
M:+61 407 288 255  |  E: ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:ross.moore at mq.edu.au>
http://www.maths.mq.edu.au
[cid:image001.png at 01D030BE.D37A46F0]
CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University. <http://mq.edu.au/>
<http://mq.edu.au/>