[OS X TeX] Catalina 15.4 does not accept Tex Live Utility

Tine Wilde message at tinewilde.com
Sat May 23 05:02:54 EDT 2020

Dear all,

Catalina 10.5.4 does not accept Tex Live Utility  - see the message below:

= “TeX Live Utility” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information. =

I tried, conform the Apple strategy, to let Apple make an exception in System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and that worked, but I need to install the . dmg every time again whenever I want to run Tex Life Utility.

Is there a solution to the problem? Thanks in advance!
Tine

TINE WILDE
Henri Polaklaan 10 J
NL 1018 CS Amsterdam