[OS X TeX] Two unanswered questions on StackExchange

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org
Fri Nov 13 00:04:56 EST 2020

About 10 days ago, I asked the following:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/569158/misnumbered-sections-in-starred-chapter-and-mishyperlinked-sections-in-main-matt <https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/569158/misnumbered-sections-in-starred-chapter-and-mishyperlinked-sections-in-main-matt>

Namely:
> While the MWE below compiles, there are two glitches whose causes I have not been able to figure out:
>
> As can already be seen in the ToC, the sections in the Epilogue are numbered 3 and 4 instead of 1 and 2,
> In the ToC, if you hover near, for instance, Numbers, you will see “Go to page 9” while the Toc indicates page 1. In other words, the number of pages in the front matter (8) is being added to the page number in the hyperlink of the main matter items. The same obtains in the ChapterTocs.
>

> (I didn’t think I should copy the MWE.)

But, even though it was viewed 29 times as of today, there isn’t even a single comment. I am not sure I have ever seen that happen, especially not with a fully compiling MWE.

While I would be overjoyed if someone were to point out whatever stupid mistake I made in the code, I would be quite happy just to be told what’s wrong with the question so I could edit it.

Best
—schremmer