[OS X TeX] Spell checking

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Sep 5 06:50:22 EDT 2020

> On Sep 5, 2020, at 6:25 AM, Themis Matsoukas via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> To answer my own question: I also had to choose ASpell in the Keyboard tab of the system preferences.
>
> Themis
>

>> On Sep 5, 2020, at 6:15 AM, Themis Matsoukas via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Somehow my TS preferences were lost and I had to reset them. But I still can't get get spell checking to work properly. I use Aspell, which in my preferences is configured as shown:
>>
>> <Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.08.55 AM.png>
>>
>> Still, when I spell check in TS (shift+command+;) all latex commands are flagged. What is the magic trick?
>>
>> Themis

Howdy,

That, of course, will then use that dictionary as default in other apps, like Mail, which I like but others may not. I believe you can choose the `English(Aspell)' dictionary for TeXShop alone by setting it in TeXShop's Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar (Cmd-:) Menu Item. Again, I use it for all my apps so I'm not sure.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)