[OS X TeX] Spell checking

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Sat Sep 5 16:35:59 EDT 2020

There needs to be some progress in LaTeX-aware spelling.

By trial  and error (plus frustration) I came to realize that for ASpell to be the default spell checker in TS the dictionary in the Source window must be set to "English". Not "en", not "en_GB" etc, but "English". This is not obvious and cost me some effort to figure. I don't know where the other dictionaries came from or how to remove to decrease clutter, pollution and possible error. It does seem to me that latex-aware spelling on the mac is currently in the dark ages. In the golden age there was Excalibur, now only a legend. With ASpell left unsupported the future does not look promising.

Themis