[OS X TeX] \jobname works in 2013 but not in 2020

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org
Tue Sep 22 23:56:59 EDT 2020

> On Sep 22, 2020, at 8:07 PM, John Collins <jcc8 at psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Alain,
>
> Ross is surely correct about the root cause of the problem.
>
> Is there any reason why the Text-contents shouldn't be a subdirectory of Text-controls instead of one directory higher?
>
> John

I liked the symmetry Text-contents — Text-controls and the fact that I could compile from either one. Well, I guess these times are over and Text-contents is now a subdirectory of Text-controls which I find ugly but

works under both 2013 and 2020 and I still prefer the set up to using \includeonly.

So,

I apologize to Schultz for having asked him to lead me by the hand through the terminal for an override he didn’t like,

I thank Collins for his terminal-free way out,

I thank Moore for helping me swallow the pill with his "Modern versions of TeX (or maybe it is TeXshop itself), do *not* let you *write* files
within directories that are *not* sub-folders of the current directory.” (But, yeah, t’s always for one’s own good.)

I am grateful to the whole list for being there.

Best
—schremmer