[OS X TeX] Too many “\tcblistof[\chapter]{XXX}{List of Xxxxxx}”

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org
Sun Sep 27 17:38:52 EDT 2020

> On Sep 25, 2020, at 1:25 PM, Martin Wilhelm Leidig <listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Am 20-09-24 um 21.37 schrieb Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org>:

>> Interestingly enough, under TeXLive 2020, I can now compile with only two (2) tcblists. Over two, I get the message

>> No room for a new \write.

>> \e at ch@ck ...message {No room for a new \string #4}

> Well, you’re out of write streams; there are just 16 of them in native TeX.  The morewrites package should help, see <https://www.ctan.org/pkg/morewrites> (or your shiny new TeXlive 2020 installation ;-).

Indeed, my shiny new TeXlive installation does it. So, there is finally something good to say for it.

Thanks for pointing this out to me: the Magnum Opus looks much better now.

I didn’t get that last one so I looked up moss.in-berlin.de <http://moss.in-berlin.de/> ,  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/cs100/1999su/handouts/klingons.htm <http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/cs100/1999su/handouts/klingons.htm>  etc but I am still totally at sea.

> 				– not by Peter Dyballa (as he vows)

Glad to hear that Dyballa is still kicking as I haven’t heard from him in a long, long time.

Best
—schremmer