[OS X TeX] Missing documents

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Tue Apr 6 14:23:42 EDT 2021

All,

I installed MacTeX 2021 and it works like a charm except for the following apparent glitch, which I also found in the 2020 distribution. I reported it to this list last year but got no replies. Thinking it might be a 2020 issue, I did not pursue it and decided to wait for the 2021 distribution. Hence this note.

The glitch pertains to the documentation made available by TeXShop. One menuitem of TeXShop’s Help Menu is “TeX Live Documentation”, which produces the following pdf document when clicked.

The glitch is that all the links in this document work except for the three links listed under the heading “Here are a few samples to show the variety of what’s available.”

When I click any of those three links I get a message that the document is not available. Here’s one sample message:

Naturally, I went looking in the Library to see whether the document was truly missing, and it is indeed missing. Here’s an example:

For this link                    file:///Library/TeX/Root/texmf-dist/doc/latex/latex-doc-ptr/latex-doc-ptr.pdf <file:///Library/TeX/Root/texmf-dist/doc/latex/latex-doc-ptr/latex-doc-ptr.pdf>

here’s what the Library shows after /Library/TeX/Root/

The directory /latex-doc-ptr/ is missing.

Here ends my tale. I will appreciate all comments and suggestions. I do want to find the missing documents!

Thanks everybody and stay safe.

Best,

Raul Martinez