[OS X TeX] External Editor Auto Preview Update

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 19 18:38:36 EDT 2021

> On Apr 19, 2021, at 4:11 PM, Roussanka Loukanova <rl.stpuu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Shall I do something?
> Shall I reinstall everything from GhostsciptTransparencyEngines, i.e., including TR and TRmk, or these are the same?

Howdy,

I'm not sure what you mean by `everything'.

The different between the *TR and *TRmk engines is the *TR engines just run * (i.e., latexTR engine runs latex once) while the *TRmk engines run the * engine via latexmk so the file is completely typeset (e.g., *, bibtex/biber, *, makeindex, * automatically the correct number of times).

To install the *TR engines just copy them from the GhostsciptTransparencyEngines folder two folders up to the Engines folder. To install the *TRmk engines do the same for them and also copy the two rc files to the ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/tslatexmk folder. Note: You can open ~/Library/TeXShop using TeXShop's TeXShop->Open ~/Library/TeXShop menu item.

herbs at wideopenwest.com