[OS X TeX] TeXShop manual on editing

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 20 13:58:15 EDT 2021

The following shell script may help. Save it as an executable in your path named, e.g., tsprocess.

----------CUT HERE--------
#!/bin/bash
open -a "TeXShop" "$1" # this will make $1 the front document whether or not already open
/bin/rm -f "${1%.*}.aux"
exec osascript <<END
tell application "TeXShop"
  activate
  delay 1
  typeset (front document)
end tell
END
exit $?

Then you can add tsprocess followed by the name of your current emacs tex job to your emacs tex processing script and it will tell TeXShop to process the same file.

Michael