[OS X TeX] TexShop: Command + T does not work

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 14:11:59 EDT 2021

> Howdy,
>
> Each app sets its defaults and the OS sets defaults for some things that
> are in frameworks. You can then set global shortcuts and application
> specific shortcuts in System Preferences->Keyboard pane.
>
> Once more place... You can set global shortcuts in a
> DefaultKeyBinding.dict file in ~/Library/KeyBindings. NOTE: ~/Library is
> the Library folder in your HOME folder, NOT /Library which is in the root
> of you HD/SSD.

Herb,

Thanks for the information. I did not try the DefaultKeyBinding.dict trick
as I do not know what the syntax is (I do not have KeyBindings folder). I
spent quite some time last night on this issue and was finally able to find
a workaround (cumbersome but worked): I opened the activity monitor, then
pressed Cmd-T, and selected "capture" from the pop-up window, trying to see
what happened. After repeated attempts, I finally spotted a process called
"ZMScreenshot" showed up for a split second and then disappeared quickly
whenever I did so. If you right-click on the Zoom icon and select "Show
Package Contents", you will see this little app is embedded under
Contents/Frameworks/. After quitting Zoom, I could use Cmd-T to typeset in
TeXShop again like before. So the culprit is an app in my Zoom (mine is the
latest enterprise version, if that matters). When I am typesetting my
papers, I could not do Zoom meetings anyway, so this is fine by me.

I understand this has little to do with TeX on Mac OS X but still described
it here, perhaps it would be of help to someone who encounters this strange
behavior too and stumbles upon this thread by googling.

> Glad you asked!!!
>
> The standard `best practice' is to bottom post so context remains. But
> LOTS of folks top post and in this case I even middle posted to keep my
> comments close to relevant information from your post.
>
>  If the thread has been commented on several times, do we only keep the
latest context and remove the previous ones (unless they are directly
relevant)?

Best,
JT