[OS X TeX] Spell checking

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 19 13:08:25 EDT 2021

> On Aug 19, 2021, at 11:57 AM, Warren Nagourney via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I have the latest TeX installation on an M1 MacBook Air using TeXshop and spell checking doesn't work properly. I had set it to correct spelling and recently it started doing very annoying things like capitalizing the first letter in a line and other things I didn’t want. I then turned off spell correcting and still found it annoying to get nagged about spelling errors which were inappropriate in a LaTeX environment. I turned spell checking back on and now it doesn’t work anywhere - if I deliberately misspell a word, it is not flagged.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks!
>
> Warren Nagourney

Howdy,

Are you using the standard Apple Spell Checker? What are your setting in the Spell Checking section of the Source tab in TeXShop->Preferences? What are your settings in the Edit Menu for Substitutions (each items), Correct Spelling Automatically, Check Spelling While Typing? Did you make changins that involve spelling in System Preferences Keyboard tab?

herbs at wideopenwest.com