[OS X TeX] TeX throws error

William Slough wslough at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 13:54:09 EDT 2021

Hi,

Is this by any chance on an Apple-silicon laptop? I was helping a colleague
recently install MacTeX on his shiny new MacBook Air and I believe I
encountered a similar problem. In my case, I got past the problem by
setting the paper size in the TeXLive utility. This seems to force the .fmt
files to be created. After that, everything was fine. Seems strange, but
this was my experience --- perhaps this will help out in your situation
also.

Bill Slough