[OS X TeX] Tabbed files in TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Aug 29 10:44:45 EDT 2021

> On Aug 29, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Ulrich Groh via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Trying to use the tabbed file feature in TeXShop I put
>
> % !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk
> % !TEX useTabsWithFiles
> % !TEX tabbedFile{~/content/1-Theory.tex}(Kap1)
>
> in my TeX-File, restarting, but nothing happens. If I use
>
> % !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk
> % !TEX useTabs
>
> everything works fine.
>
> Ulrich

Howdy,

First, is the path to the file correct? I.e., is content really directly in your HOME folder or a sub-folder of the folder with the root file; do you mean . rather than ~?

How are you reading that second file into your root file; e.g.

\include{~/content/1-Theory}

or

\input{~/content/1-Theory}

since I get an error if I have ~ there.

Also, TeXShop 4.67 seems to open the second file in a tab fine if I use the ~ notation in the TeXShop directive seems to work fine in my testing (although, as I said, if I use that notation in \include or \input I get an error and it won't compile.

herbs at wideopenwest.com