[OS X TeX] Keyboard mystery?

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Feb 1 14:41:50 EST 2021

Folks,

Let me expand on this discussion.

If you like smart quotes and smart dashes in other applications but not in TeX, you can turn them off just in TeXShop. See

	TeXShop Edit Menu --> Substitutions

A user recently told me that other editors have a useful feature: if you type a url, then when you are done, the url text changes to underlined blue. When you click on it, the url opens in Safari. I explained that I was not anxious to add this feature to TeXShop. The user then said "it used to be in TeXShop, but recently it disappeared." I thought he was crazy.

But no. Try TeXShop Edit Menu --> Substitutions --> Smart Links.

Dick Koch