[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility: is the tlmgr an alternative?

Denis Bitouzé denis.bitouze at univ-littoral.fr
Fri Feb 5 16:42:23 EST 2021

Hi,

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered here but
the archives of the current list cannot be searched.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Mac used, I ask here for a LaTeX course I'm giving
to PhD students.

AFAIK, the TeX Live Utility is not embedded any more with the MacTeX
distribution. I know it can be installed independently but that's not
very handy.

In order to update the TeX packages, I used to advise the tlmgr (via the
command line) instead of the TeX Live Utility but, recently, I was told
by a PhD student that:

  ┌────
  │ sudo tlmgr update --self --all
  └────

does work any more. Since I can't test by myself, I'm asking here :)

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards.
--
Denis