[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.59 - Experiment not working with complex document

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 15:12:12 EST 2021

> On 27 Feb2021, at 1:53 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 27, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In a book-length document consisting of numerous files, if I copy something from whatever source window is open, click the Edit > Experiment menu item so that the copied text appears in the Experiment window that opens, and then click the Typeset button there, nothing happens?
>>
>> If I do this for a simple one-file document, Experiment works as expected.
>>
>> What’s wrong?
>>

> Try this:
>
> Before typesetting the selected text in the Experiment window select the root file as the active source window. Then typeset the Experiment window.
>
> Remember that TeXShop uses the Preamble from the active source window to typeset the Experiment window contents.

I copy some text from one of the open, non-root file windows, since that’s what I want to experiment on. I then select the root file’s window, go to the Experiment window, and click Typeset. Nothing happens!

In fact, it’s worse than that! If I open the root file window, copy some text from there, select Edit > Experiment and press Typeset on the now-open Experiment window, nothing happens (except that a totally blank “file console” wndow opens).
---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334